- "Booking in Italy" is a portal found on the domain www.bookinginitaly.eu and provides visitors of the site with information relating to accommodation managed directly by the relevant tour operators;
- The Portal is managed by Futuro Internet S.R.L. and its registered office is located in Massa Carrara, Tuscany, Italy;
- Accommodation suppliers manage hotels, B&Bs, campsites, residencies, apartments, etc.;
- Payment of booking costs is made by the customer directly to the relevant Tour Operator via the methods made available by them.
Terms and Conditions:
The following conditions apply to all our services made available online, either directly or indirectly.
Aim of the service:
- The "Booking in Italy" website enables the Tour Operators that it partners with to advertise their services and allows site visitors to make bookings.
- By booking through this site, you will enter into a direct and binding contract with the Tour Operator with which you made the booking.
- From the moment you make your booking, "Booking in Italy" shall be considered only an intermediary between the customer and the operator.
- As a result, an email containing the details of the booking and any confirmation will then be sent to the customer and the operator.
Prices, offers, availability, conditions of the booking, images and any other information that we disclose on the site have been provided by the relevant tour operators, which can independently update them via a control panel with restricted access.
Each Tour Operator is responsible for the accuracy of the information it publishes.
"Booking in Italy" shall not be held liable, for any reason, including contents that may be contested, for any request delivery failure caused by service interruptions due to faults or maintenance of the website.
Prices and special conditions:
For each reservation, "Booking in Italy" does not receive any fees, neither from the Tour Operator nor the Client.
The prices published on the website include VAT.
Where applicable, the tour operator may charge the customer any tourist tax that is not included in the total booking cost.
The prices for the same stay may vary favourably as any offer could involve special restrictions and conditions relating to cancellation and payment.
The customer is responsible for carefully checking the details of the booking and any related restrictions.
The tour operator decides which payment methods they accept and makes them available directly at the booking stage.
The accepted methods may be:
Credit Card, Bank Transfer, Cash, PayPal, etc...
Payment is usually made at the hotel directly, at check-in or check-out.
Sometimes, where there are special offers, the tour operator may request advance payment.
If you are asked to provide credit card information as a guarantee, they are sent to the Operator through our secure server that has an SSL certificate with 128-bit encryption, which protects the customer from unlikely interceptions.
When receiving bookings, "Booking in Italy" does not accept payments from customers and, as a result, shall not be held liable for any authorised, unauthorised or incorrect withholding; it shall not therefore accept any requests for partial or full refunds.
In any case, payment will be made solely and exclusively to the Tour Operator via the agreed method.
When using a credit card, the Tour Operator may exercise the right to verify, pre-authorise and, if applicable, to receive direct payment.
Cancellation of the booking:
The customer can cancel the booking directly from their account within the terms provided by the Tour Operator, without incurring any fee.
In the event of a no-show or cancellation outside the established time limit, the Tour Operator may charge a penalty fee and, where applicable, for any costs incurred.
The customer is required to verify any special conditions before finalising the booking.
After making the booking, the customer can check the terms and conditions in the email confirmation or in their account by logging in to the "Booking in Italy" website.
The booking may be cancelled by/upon request of the Tour Operator when an upfront payment is required and the customer has not paid within the given time or
when a credit card is required as a guarantee and it is not valid or does not have sufficient funds to pay any penalty fees that may be incurred.
In these cases, the Tour Operator and "Booking in Italy" are under no obligation to provide a warning or prior notification.
After the stay, the customer will receive an email from us with an invitation to provide a rating on the booked accommodation.
From their account, the customer can leave a review and give us their rating on the quality of the booked accommodation.
The purpose is to provide a rating to other travellers and help them find the most suitable accommodation.
It is prohibited to use language that is obscene, offensive, damaging to personal dignity or in any way unlawful.
"Booking in Italy" reserves the right not to publish non-compliant reviews and ratings.
The right to review is reserved for users who have actually booked and stayed in the accommodation they wish to review.
"Booking in Italy" considers guests' opinions important for ensuring greater quality and hospitality.